CMP3- Social Media and Collective Intelligence

Reflection-

For this task we looked at the idea of the ‘mash-up’ and spent some time actually watching some mashup videos, we thought about the idea or remixing different elements to create different meaning, often these videos were comedic, replacing content with original content. There were also videos which simply just played with sources, putting together what shouldn’t or is not usually associated with each other. For this we were able to use which ever video editor we wanted, I chose to use Premiere Pro as I was familiar how to use it form last year.

Evaluation-

For my video, I decided to simply use old archive footage of 50s and 60s dancers, cut it up to fit a modern song- ‘Sky Walker’ by Miguel. I think this was humorous as you know the footage does not go with the song but it seems as if the dancers are dancing to the song.  I think if this task did not come last, I would have had more time to work on the video and may have chosen a more intricate concept, for instance I really enjoy the videos we watched where the audio was cut and a different script was put over the top to make it seem as if the people where saying something completely different to the original. this would have allowed me to produce original material.