Cinematography Techniques- Climate Change- CPM2 Task 1

Screen Shot 2017-04-03 at 17.54.22

Reflection-

For this video I used Abobe Premiere Pro to create a 1 minute long video to show the effect on the climate that everyday human pollution has and how it is changing the landscape in the Antarctic rapidly. Images I used for this task were sourced from different non copyright websites. Throughout the video I including images that I found moving. I added simple movements to the image’s scale, position, rotation and anchor points to push and pull away from the focus points of each picture. I then added slow cinematic music to this, also from a non-copyrighted website to convey an overall sad feeling throughout the video.

Evaluation-

I found this task quite tedious and repetitive personally, but it was a good task to undergo to get used to the software used, which will be used further in other tasks. It was also hard to keep finding good, high quality photos from the websites as there was not much filtering involved with the provided search engine and I could not always find the type of images I wanted, because of this I sometimes had to compromise and use what images I could. In this sense the brief was quite constricting.