Sound Design- CPM2 Task 4

Screen Shot 2017-04-03 at 19.36.42

Password- egg

Reflection-

For this task I used Adobe Audition to provide a soundtrack to this short clip from the film ‘The Arrival’, these included Foley, SFX and ambient sounds. We recorded most of the sound in a group in the workshop for this task, which was very fun, it required us to be quite inventive with which equipment or just things around the room could produce what sounds in the video. We were then enabled to edit individually and add in non-copyrighted sounds, some editing included applying different presets and reverbs to each individual noise as well as changing loudness and panning.

Evaluation-

I found this task one of the most enjoyable and challenging at the same time. Foley sounds were particularly hard to produce and connect to the video perfectly to make it look realistic. I found the editing process enjoyable as you had to be very precise in where you placed the recordings. If I were to do this task again I would maybe layer more ambient sounds, but for this time i wanted the sound effects of doors and water to be the most prominent. It was sometimes hard to find what sounds I wanted on the non copyright websites, especially wind as one noise can sound so different in each recording.